If you are Looking for the best 5 litre stainless steel pressure cooker in India, then it is a perfect page for you because here I have selected & listed 2 Best Pressure cookers in 5 litre that you can buy from amazon or from Flipkart.
The pressure cooker is one of the most common cookware presents in almost all Indian kitchens. A wide variety of cookers and brands and models available in the online market but it is difficult to choose and buy the perfect(right) product, that why I created a list of the 2 best 5 litre pressure cookers after complete research (everywhere).
Pressure Cooker Buying Guide
- Check Brand: well-known brands are – Hawkins, Prestige, Butterfly, Pigeon, etc.
- Check Design
- Types of Pressure Cooker: Are you need an electric pressure cooker or a normal stove/induction pressure cooker. First, decide this. Here I will only talk about a normal stove/induction pressure cooker.
- Size of Pressure cooker: This is a very important point that you have to consider. You probably don’t want a much bigger or a much too smaller pressure cooker. While small size pressure cooker will require you to cook multiple times, a large cooker will waste fuel and your effort. Commonly pressure cooker come in 2,3,4,5,7,10,12 Liters. Select pressure cooker as per your family members. If your family has 3 members and if you buy 5 litre pressure cooker, then more time will be required to heat 5 litre cooker and thus it increases your electric/gas bill. So, for 3 members you can go for a 2/3 litre pressure cooker because for 3 members 2/3 litre pressure cooker is perfect. Same like this, you can choose pressure cooker as per your number of family members from the below table, must check the table.
|Cooker size (in litre)||1.5Ltr||2Ltr||3Ltr||4Ltr||5Ltr||6Ltr||7Ltr||8Ltr||10Ltr||12Ltr|
|Perfect for Number of peoples||1-2👨||2-3👨||3-4👨||4-5👨||5-7👨||6-7👨||7-8👨||8-9👨||10-11👨||12-13👨|
- Main Types of Pressure cooker (Stove Top pressure cooker): Generally, 3 types of pressure cooker available in the market —
- Aluminum Pressure cooker
- Hard-Anodized Aluminum cooker/non-sticky pressure cooker
- Stainless Steel pressure cooker
- Safety: From a health point of view, cooking in a stainless-steel pressure cooker is safe than an aluminum /Hard anodized pressure cooker because stainless steel cooker does not react with food but it is also not completely safe, on other hand, an Aluminum pressure cooker can react with acid food to cause problems, in Case of Hard anodized pressure cooker, anodization highly decreases the chances that the aluminum will react to the food. The surface of aluminum is sealed by a non-sticky layer and aluminum won’t be in touch with the food but it is also not good for Health, it releases unhealthy fumes on heating, this can cause many diseases. and it can also react to acidic foods once the nonstick layer wears off over time.
- Heat Conductivity: After copper, Aluminum has more heat conductivity than Stainless Steel, So, in Faster cooking – The first Position goes to the Aluminum pressure cooker. The second position goes to a Hard-Anodized pressure cooker in faster cooking and the third position goes to Stainless steel pressure cookers. In a Hard anodized /Aluminum Pressure cooker, your food will be cooked much faster than stainless steel pressure cooker but the time difference is very little. Moreover, because aluminum is such a good heat conductor, the food is cooked uniformly, you won’t get burnt spots, but you can expect burnt spots food on Stainless steel cooker but nowadays it is almost solved by giving the base with good conductors of heat like copper and aluminum. This is why professional chefs mostly use Hard-Anodized pans because they need to prepare food faster with uniformly cooking and the design of Hard-Anodized cooker/ anodized cookware looks more premium than all other cookers.
- Check Induction compatibility: if you are looking for a pressure cooker then must check – Is that particular pressure cooker works on induction or not, go for an induction-compatible pressure cooker because this pressure cooker works both on gas and induction.
- Inner Lid or Outer lid: – Go for an Inner lid pressure cooker because the inner lid pressure cooker is safer and long lasting than an outer lid pressure cooker. For more details, watch videos – Click here.
- Durability: Both Stainless steel and Hard anodized materials are strong and durable than Aluminum. Stainless steel doesn’t lose its luster with usage and also are corrosion resistant and Non-Reactive Cookware and high conductivity. Although Hard anodized is also corrosion-resistant, Non-Reactive Cookware, and an excellent heat conductor than stainless steel. Even It is non-sticky but the nonstick coating of the Hard anodized pressure cooker may wear down with time. So, I will recommend you for Stainless steel pressure cooker. don’t buy a Hard anodized pressure cooker even after if you like most because hard anodized cookers are not good for health.
- Cleaning: Simple Aluminum and Stainless-steel Pressure cooker can be washable with metal Scrub but don’t use metal scrub on Hard-Anodized pressure cooker because it may damage the non-stick coating. It can be washed by hand or by sponges to protect the non-stick surface.
- Sticky or non-sticky Cooker: Stainless steel pressure cookers are sticky food pressure cookers and hard-anodized pressure cookers come with non-stick Coating, which means food will not stick on a Hard anodized pressure cooker. With very little effort you can clean Hard anodized cookers but you have to be careful while cleaning because metal scrubs should not be used for cleaning otherwise it may damage the non-stick coating of Hard anodized cookers. Please avoid aluminum and Hard anodized/non sticky pressure cooker. simply buy Stainless steel pressure cooker.
- Price: Please don’t buy a low-class cooker, it can damage you, it’s my humble request. Aluminum cookers are available at a low price than stainless steel. Stainless steel and Hard-Anodized cookers generally come at about the same price (±).
(Top 2) – Best 5 litre stainless steel Pressure cookers
This list made after complete research (everywhere)
1.Hawkins HSS50 Stainless Steel 5 L Pressure Cooker
2.Hawkins SSC50 Stainless Steel Contura 5 L Pressure Cooker
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which brand of pressure cooker is best?
As per me – Hawkins, it is an older company and provides very good quality cookers than other brands.
Q. Which is the safest pressure cooker (best for health)?
Stainless steel is safer than an Aluminum Pressure cooker, a Hard anodized/non-stick cooker. For more detail – read our buying guide
Q. Which pressure cooker is better- stainless steel or Aluminum or Hard anodized/non-stick?
Stainless steel cooker is better because it is a non-reactive cooker (safe for health) and long-lasting cooker.
We listed the 2 best 5-litre stainless steel pressure cookers, both are the super best cookers in the stainless-steel category because stainless steel cookers are safer than Aluminum Pressure cookers/Hard anodized/non-stick cookers. So, you can buy any from these 2 without thinking more. Must check buying guide (available in short) before purchasing. Buying guide gives you all the needed information regarding pressure cookers for selecting and purchasing a good pressure cooker. We will keep updating this list from time to time. If you have any questions, you can comment below.