If you are Looking for the best extension board with long wire in India, you can check the list here because here I have selected & listed the 10 Best Extension boards that come with a long wire. The list of Extension boards /Cord + Buying guide is also given below, must check buying guide before selecting and buying. All those products you can easily buy from Amazon or Flipkart.
For keeping electronic devices like smartphones and laptops charged all the time, it becomes an essential product. It is not possible to charge devices by plugging into the wall electric board all the time. So, an electric extension board is required for ease of power use. So, you can purchase any extension board from the list as per your choice and requirement.
Buying Guide for Extension Board – Main things to Consider
- Check Brand: only brands do not matter; quality matters. Buy the product of those companies that providing the best quality. Some local companies provide cheap quality so, buy after checking product details or after reading reviews and watching videos.
- What is your use: Are you need a normal extension board or a simple heavy-duty extension board, or a heavy-duty extension board? First, decide and then purchase any extension board. Must check the max load capacity (in watt) of that particular extension board and check your appliance power consumption (in watt), and then select that extension board that has load capacity more than that of appliance total power consumption (in watt).
- Check Wire Length: How much wire length you need. Buy as per your requirement. Mostly heavy-duty extension board comes with a short wire because heavy-duty cables are costly, and mostly standard extension board comes with long wire because regular cables are cheaper. If you buy an extension board that comes with a heavy-duty long wire, that may be costlier.
- Check Wire: Mostly extension board comes with copper wire. so must check what is the diameter of copper in mm because load capacity depends on wire diameter. Mostly copper wire comes in these sizes – 0.75 mm, 1mm,1.5mm,2.5mm,4mm,6mm, etc. 0.75 mm wire can take load safely up to 200-300W. 1mm wire can take load safely up to 500-600W. 1.5 mm wire can take load safely up to 1000-1500W. 2.5 mm wire can take load safely up to 2000W and, 4 mm wire can take load safely up to 3000W.
- Check –Sockets and charging ports: check how many sockets are in the extension board and how many USB ports are in the extension board if any extension board comes with USB charging ports also. You can choose as per your requirement.
- Check which USB port delivers how much Ampere: If any extension board comes with USB ports, you must check which USB port is giving how much Ampere. How much Ampere (power) gives a single USB port or how much Ampere is giving while using all USB ports at the same time. If you are getting 2A on every individual USB port while using all USB ports at the same time, then it is very nice, but it is very rare. Mostly, one USB port max delivers near about 2A. When you use all USB ports at the same time, power will get distributed in all USB ports and give power as per the allocation of power output on every individual USB port. When you use all USB ports at the same time, generally, you will get near about 1 Ampere power per USB port. Well, if any single USB port delivers power near about 2A/3A while using single USB ports at the same time, then that is perfect. If a single USB port giving 2A output, it means it not a super-fast charging port, but it is the same as a standard USB adapter charging port.
- Check switch: & Power indicator: by using the switch, you can ON/OFF the power, and by seeing the indicator, you can check; power is coming in the extension board or not. A switch is an essential thing, so buy only those which come with at least one switch & one indicator. If you are getting an individual switch & Power indicator for every socket, then it is also very good.
- Check what Protection Type offer: Note: fuse/surge protector is a lifesaver for electronic devices). When overheating, voltage fluctuations, Overload, overvoltage take place, then the extension board automatically stops working. In this way, it protects your expensive computers, smartphones, home appliances, and other electronics. Surge is an unexpected, temporary, uncontrolled increase in current or voltage in an electrical circuit. A power surge can occur for several reasons, such as lightning strikes, faulty electrical wiring, short circuit, etc. (Note: surge protector is a lifesaver for electronic devices). Two types of protection – (surge protector or either Fuse protector) generally given in the extension board. The first is a surge protector, and the other is a Fuse protector. In surge protection, a fuse is not required. Still, it is not good as per me in terms of extension board only because once damaged, it may costlier for you, but in fuse protector technology, there is only need to change the fuse if it blows; fuse is easily available on the market at a low price, you can change it if it blows. So, as per me, the first priority is to choose those boards which come with fuse protection technology.
- Check Build quality & Design.
- Check Is there is Child Safety Shutter in the sockets? : The extension board that comes with the feature protects people from getting an electric shock if they accidentally put their hands in the socket. Households with kids must look for this feature to ensure safety.
- Is that extension board made with Fireproof material or high temperature-resistant material: – To ensure your safety, must buy that extension board that is made with Fireproof material or high temperature-resistant material. If you choose these types of extension boards, there is very little chance of catching fire on any surge/Short circuit.
- Check – that is Value for Money extension board or not.
Conclusion: By using this information, you can get a better pick from the below-selected list or from anywhere. You can purchase any from the below list as per your choice and requirement.
List of 10 best extension boards with long wire/cord
1.Hilex 3.6 m Wire Extension Board with 3 Socket, 2 USB Charging, 1 Switch
Note: Don’t see the rating of this product only, I am using this right now, so I know how is this product ___ it is a very nice extension board for normal use.